25 Years of Miata:
Miatas at Mazda Raceway
Don't miss the chance to be part of this historic event
Save the Date:
September 5-7, 2014
Miata owners from all over North America and the rest of the world will descend on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and the Monterey area in early September to celebrate a quarter century of their favorite sports car – already in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s favorite production sports car. Mazda is going all out for the event, and best of all, everything will be free of charge except for the hot laps!
Yes, the fourth generation MX-5 Miata will be there as part of the global world premiere!
We now have a discussion forum over at Miata.net dedicated to the event as well as our Facebook page. Both ways are an excellent way to keep up on the event, to look for other cars for a caravan and ask questions.
Already registered? Here's what you need to know to get through the event.
Record details (updated 8/29/14)
Schedule for the weekend (updated 9/1/14)
Event layout - where everything will take place and the parking plan, (updated 8/30/14)
Parade lap information (updated 8/29/14)
Here's a rough idea what to expect:
The world premiere of the 4th generation Miata!
- Well more than 1600 Miatas
- World Record attempt
- A movie at the track
- Saturday discussion groups with the people who created the Miata
- 2 days of track time at world famous Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Parade laps on Saturday and Sunday
- Self-guided driving tours of the gorgeous Monterey Peninsula area
- Miata show cars on display spanning the years
- Free BBQ dinners Friday and Saturday
- Vendors on hand with displays and demos and product specials
- More surprises!
You're still welcome to come, but it'll just take a bit longer to check in when you arrive. We had to close it a week before the event so we could work through the mountain of names!
Help us get more cars for the record! We have a flyer you can download and print out.